Future Strategy and Other Activities
- Near REAL-TIME Vegetation Cover Monitoring
- Higher Inputs to Working Plan Preparation
- Plantation Monitoring by Higher Resolution Remote Sensing data
- Survey of All Notified Forest Blocks using DGPS as suggested by National Commission on Forestry.
- Preparation of RoFR Act 2006 Layer & verification of areas claimed under ROFR Act 2006 using Cartosat 1 Data.
- Wildlife Habitat Mapping for 6 districts
- Refinement of WHS and fire risk zonation layer
- Inventory of NTFP & Timber Resources and Solid Carbon once in 5 – 10 years
- Development of mobile application for online collection and dissemination of data
- Monitoring of Forest Fires and Groundwater levels.
- Development of WebGIS.
- Generation of new vegetation indices for State of Telangana
- Archiving training sets of different years data for change detection studies